Photobucket

09 October 2009

The Naked Truth

For over a year of being single, not to mention celibate, I have realized so many things about relationships and sex. Okay, so maybe embracing celibacy was an exaggeration, because every time I see a human male even tenuously attractive and over the age of twenty, I start to dribble and engage in a battle with my very own willpower. But, really I had sworn off dating men. Haha.

I needed to concentrate my energies on the F word. FOCUS.

Exactly one year ago, I broke ties with the man whom I fell in-love and sworn promises with. I had my own reasons and I may have mentioned it here before that “Falling out of Love” really does exist. For months I have pondered if I was only making it a reason just so I can start the ball rolling with other men, but then again, this day proves that I have not cheated, lied, neither disgraced the once genuine relationship that we had.

For women, the word “tired” is like a make-up essential always ready to grab inside the bag. Once in our very happy relationship with our partners, we get tired. Some for reasons like a hot anorexic third-party, a behavior so negatively un-appealing, or just pure indifferences. But some get tired for no reason at all. Some just gets that premonition of the future and it settles in the brain, it shouts in the heart that this man, this man whom you are so in-love with is not your destined Mr. Right.

It is unfair, some may say. But this wretched boy-meets-girl and vice-versa is a never-ending puzzle and will always be intriguing. That is why we still engage in the same situation over and over again, even if we already know what’s waiting for us in the end. Women love the idea of being in-love. That, my friends is a fact.

So now that I have overused my brain for a year of contemplating and just trying to figure out the rules of the heart, I got tired. And I am ready to plunge myself into the proverbial pit of limbo- AGAIN. I can just shrug my shoulders and shout “what the hell!” as long as I get the loving that I soo need right now. And there goes the exaggeration of embracing celibacy straight to the trash, thank you very much. :)

“She was the unsettled hen who always fell for the wrong cock” – The Naked Truth


1 comments:

saul krisna said...

hey sis... ayus lang yan... oo nga at maganda yung pagiging single pero di ko naman sinabing masayang maging ganun...

im gad at nilabas mo dito yung true self mo... mas nakilala kita at i want you to know na somehow nakakarelate ako sa iyo...

share ko lang:

alam mo naman di ba na nagbreak kami ni gf diba... at nung nagkabalikan kami naging super happy ako kaso deep inside of me parang may nag bago sa akin... parang theres something holding me back... nahihirapan kai akong lunukin yung fact na nag two time siya sa akin... at yung part na di niya ako nagawang ipag laban sa mga kaibigan niya...

siguro nawala lang yung trust ko sa kanya... siguro lang.

i'm scared na kasi na baka pag inopen ko ulit ang self ko sa kanya eh mabigo ulit ako....

haaaay gulo ko noh?

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com