Photobucket

19 October 2015

GIVE ME A BREAK

I tap my foot to the rhythm of Ed Sheeran's Gold Rush while I stand in the middle of the line with the students of Bicol College, routed to the cashier's window to pay. Finals week. Yey... Duh.

Outside the bars of the school's gate, I see the hustle and the bustle of the people. The pine trees lines up the street sway with the wind. I stare, and I stare, and I stare until stars appear on the corner of my eyes. Oh God, i'm still reeling. 

A tap on my shoulder brings me to earth. 

I see a freshman laughing in front of my face, saying something that I couldn't make up. I tug down one earphone and say "What?"

He looks taken aback. I feel aware of the heads slowly working on my direction, girls. Come on, get a grip. My eyebrows arch. He smiles once again and tilted his head to the left..

"Hi ate Ysh! Kumusta ka naman? Hehehe"

I eyed him. Studying his face. His chinky eyes, rimless eyeglasses, toothy grin, blue jansport backpack, ruffled hair. He looks like Hiro Nakamura of Heroes, really. But I'm not in the mood today, and I don't know his name. 

"GO" was the only word that came out of my mouth right-after. 

He scuttles away. Funny how everyone feels obligated to get my attention whenever they see me at school. Which is rarely, if I may say. The people around me are still staring though, what the hell. I give it a sigh, lean to the post nearest me, plug-in the earphones and put Sway on full volume. 

"Say you'll stay, don't come and go like you do"

I smile. How very fitting for Palits (as what Carmi suggested we call him). Hahaha!

Just like that, my mood changes. I recall our conversation last night. I should give it all up to him, really, the credit and appreciation. Even if he repeatedly makes my heart flop and swing all ways around possible, he's still so very charming. I hate it. No, (rolling eyes), I love it. 

Really, I've been transitioning. From the weeks that passed where I was very clingy and was very used to having him with me in just a click, to now where I cannot seem to connect and get through to him. He's a rare case of complicated. Whenever I try to move on and just give up, he comes rushing back and heaves me back closer to him as ever. I feel like there's this invisible rope that's somehow tied on to me and he's holding the other end. Oh dear. 

Black Magic.. What have you done to me?

Another tap. I spin around, my literary editor saying her assignments are done.

"Good job! Leave it all to my desk sa office, thanks bhe!"

Then came running our Dean, but then she caught a glimpse of me and dramatically halted, stepping backward to where I stood. 

"Ysh! Where have you been? Overtime na tayo next week ha! I need you everyday and night next week after finals. We'll release on the enrollment week!"

I smile widely and give her a quite exaggerated nod. 

"YES, MA'AM!"

Great. Just great. When will I get my rest, God? 

-aliella's halloween costume
-ate dette's headpiece
-julie's invitation
-julie's flowercrown
-julie's bday
-dad's bday
-legazpi fiesta
-publication presswork
-final editing
-printing press visit
-enrollment
-release
-nocturnes
-all souls and saints' day
-zya's bday

Yung totoo? May sembreak ba talaga?


Tsk. 


Gutom na ako :(


~Y
10.19.15

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com